13th Sunday of the Year
The following celebrations will take place during the coming week.
- Saturday: (1st July) 6pm Mass in St. Alban’s Church: Private Intention (NF)
- Sunday: (2nd July) 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: Jim McGee
- Tuesday: 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: In Thanksgiving (MH)
- Thursday: 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: Michael Connelly
- Saturday: (8th July) 6pm Mass in St. Alban’s Church: Val Cooper
- Sunday: (9th July) 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: The Intentions of all our parishioners
Mass to view on line
Mass is live streamed from the Holy Name, Jesmond. Visit the website for Mass times this week.
When you are unable to celebrate Mass in Church, you may wish to make this act of spiritual communion:-
Lord Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen
Please keep in your prayers:
- all our parishioners who are sick, housebound or in hospital
- all those whose memories we cherish at this time and,
- Fr. Pat O’Connell, Val Cooper, Winnie McErlane, Irene Vallely and Sheila Scullion who have died recently. May they rest in the peace of the risen Lord. Please pray for their families too.
The Sacrament of Confirmation
The next gathering for the young people from St. Alban’s and St. Patrick’s who have expressed an interest to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation later in the year will take place this Friday, 7th July in St. Patrick’s parish centre at 6.30pm. Parents and sponsors are also welcome.
This weekend there is the opportunity, for those of you who wish, to contribute to the annual collection for Peter’s Pence. Simply place your offering in an envelope marked “Peter’s Pence” and place it in the collection box as you enter our churches. Those of you with boxes of envelopes should find an envelope in your box.
Following on from Archbishop McMahon’s pastoral letter, he has arranged meetings for the laity of the diocese to allow space and time to hear the impact of Bishop Robert’s resignation and the Safeguarding Enquiry report. These listening experiences will be facilitated by Karen Kilby of Durham University, who will be feeding back to the Archbishop. A liturgy of healing will be available at each of the sessions for those who wish to stay and participate. The sessions will take place on 10th July, at St. Mary’s Church hall, Forest Hall, 11th July at St. Bede’s Church hall, Bedlington, on 12th July at St Michael’s Church hall, Houghton-le-Spring and on 13th July at St. Peter & Paul’s, Stockton-on-Tees. The meetings begin at 7pm and finish at 8.30pm.