17th Sunday of the Year
The following celebrations will take place during the coming week.
- Saturday: (29 July) 6pm Mass in St. Alban’s Church: Sarah Harrison
- Sunday: (30 July) 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: Joan Neil
- Tuesday: (1 Aug) 10am Service of the Word with Holy Communion in St. Patrick’s Church
- Saturday: (5 Aug) 6pm Mass in St. Alban’s Church: Susan Harland
- Sunday: (6 Aug) 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: The Parishioners’ intentions
Mass to view on line
Mass is live streamed from the Holy Name, Jesmond. Visit the website for Mass times this week.
When you are unable to celebrate Mass in Church, you may wish to make this act of spiritual communion:-
Lord Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen
Please keep in your prayers:
- all our parishioners who are sick, housebound or in hospital
- all those whose memories we cherish at this time, especially Joan Neil and
- Fr. Michael McKenna Who has died. His Funeral Mass will take place on 25th August in St. Mary’s Cathedral at 12.05. May he rest in peace.
The Sacrament of Confirmation
The final three sessions for our young people from St. Alban’s and St. Patrick’s who have expressed an interest to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation later in the year will take place on :
- Monday 11th September
- Monday 9th October
- Monday 6th November
in St. Patrick’s parish centre at 6:30pm. Parents and sponsors are also welcome. In order to proceed to Confirmation, it is necessary for prospective candidates to attend all three of these sessions.
The Diocesan Justice and Peace Refugee Project…….
…….which supports people who are seeking asylum in our area, appeal for donations of sugar, biscuits, tinned fish in oil, tins of tomatoes, chick peas, toiletries and shampoo. If you feel able to support this project, donations may be left on the tables at the entrance to our churches. Our Third World Group have recently sent the Project a donation of £50.00 in support of their work.
The final total raised for Cafod through the Parish Sponsored Walk on 20th May, 2023 was £290.00. Thanks to those who walked, those who organised the walk and those who felt able to sponsor the walkers.