The Feast of the Transfiguration
The following celebrations will take place during the coming week.
- Saturday: (5 Aug) 6pm Mass in St. Alban’s Church: Susan Harland
- Sunday: (6 Aug) 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: The Parishioners’ intentions
- Tuesday: 10.00 Service of the Word with Holy Communion in St. Patrick’s Church
- Saturday: (12 Aug) 6pm Mass in St. Alban’s Church: In Thanksgiving (St Anthony)
- Sunday: (13 Aug) 10am Mass in St. Patrick’s Church: John and Annie Donald
Mass to view on line
Mass is live streamed from the Holy Name, Jesmond. Visit the website for Mass times this week.
When you are unable to celebrate Mass in Church, you may wish to make this act of spiritual communion:-
Lord Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen
Please keep in your prayers:
- all our parishioners who are sick, housebound or in hospital
- all those whose memories we cherish at this time and,
- Fr. Michael McKenna Who has died. His Funeral Mass will take place on 25th August in St. Mary’s Cathedral at 12.05. May he rest in peace.
The Sacrament of Confirmation
The final three sessions for our young people from St. Alban’s and St. Patrick’s who have expressed an interest to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation later in the year will take place on :
- Monday 11th September at 6:30pm
- Monday 9th October at 6:30pm
- Monday 6th November at 6:30pm
in St. Patrick’s parish centre. Parents and sponsors are also welcome. In order to proceed to Confirmation, it is necessary for prospective candidates to attend all three of these sessions.
If you would like to become part of our parish “Think Tank” to explore how we might move forward as we continue to emerge from the effects of the pandemic, you would be welcome to a gathering in St. Patrick’s parish centre on Friday, 8th September at 6.30pm. So far, we have engaged in a variety of social events and parish walks, all of which have been appreciated by those who have taken part. So do come along and bring your ideas and perhaps a friend!
The Little Sisters of the Poor would like to thank everyone who supported their recent Appeal in aid of replacing the passenger lifts at St Joseph’s Home (Newcastle). They are extremely grateful for your kindness. St. Alban’s parishioners donated £52.00 to the Appeal and St. Patrick’s parishioners donated £136.20.